HOW DO I?
1:00 PMCiclovia Gonzales
Puppy Stolen from County Shelter; Staff Asking for Public’s Help
Monterey County Animal Services is asking for the public’s help to find a puppy that was stolen from the county shelter on Hitchcock Road Friday night, September 14th.
Big Safety Testing Failure Rate For California Pot Products – CBS San Francisco
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Nearly 20 percent of marijuana products in California have failed tests for potency and purity since the state started requiring the checks on July 1, a failure rate some in the industry say has more to do with unrealistic standards and technical glitches than protecting consumer safety.
9/14/2018 1:49:02 PM
Illegal Dumping - A Growing Problem We Can Solve
Illegal dumping costs California taxpayers millions of dollars every year . In Monterey County, cleaning up illegally dumped mattresses, televisions, and other household furniture and trash is not only expensive for local governments, it is expensive for private property owners who become victim to illegal dumping; rural land owners, particularly farmers and ranchers, share a high burden of these costs.
9/10/2018 11:25:00 AM
Multi-family residential complexes should contact Monterey County Recycling Services to schedule a FREE waste assessment. Recycling Services staff will review what is currently going in to your garbage, help you find ways to divert recyclable materials, and provide you with service level recommendations to ensure your business is equipped with the proper garbage, recycling and yard waste collection service. Service level adjustments may also lead to a reduction in disposal costs. Recycling Services may be reached at (831) 755-4505
Services Included in Rate (check with provider to confirm):
- New, color-coded carts or freshly painted and refurbished bins for garbage, recyclables and yard waste collection
- Cart Service: Your choice of (1) 64g or (1) 96g recyclables cart
- Bin Service: Up to one-half of the customer's subscribed garbage capacity in recyclables capacity
- One (1) free on-call collection (see service description below) per calendar year
- Holiday tree collection
- Personalized customer outreach including periodic waste assessments and distribution of educational materials to help customers to recycle more and save money
* Cart collection service rates are monthly, based on one (1) time per week colleciton.
* Bin Collection service rates are monthly, based on indicated collection frequency.
* Non-compacted and compacted box collection service rates are weekly, based on the indicated frequency.