HOW DO I?
10:00 AMPostpartum Support Group
Protection from Wildfire Smoke Inhalation
California Department of Public Health (CDPH) Director and State Public Health Officer Dr. Karen Smith is advising residents where wildfires have been burning, along with people in the smoke’s path, to stay indoors and reduce outdoor activity.
Family and Food Safety First this Thanksgiving
Eating healthy this Thanksgiving begins with basic home food safety practices that are known to reduce the risk of foodborne illnesses. The Monterey County Health Department is reminding all cooks entering the kitchen this season to follow the Fight BAC!® basics of home food safety: Clean, Separate, Cook, and Chill.
TRUTH Act presentation
Monterey County Supervisors will hold a special meeting for a TRUTH Act presentation December 11th.
11/9/2018 3:18:54 PM
Multi-family residential complexes should contact Monterey County Recycling Services to schedule a FREE waste assessment. Recycling Services staff will review what is currently going in to your garbage, help you find ways to divert recyclable materials, and provide you with service level recommendations to ensure your business is equipped with the proper garbage, recycling and yard waste collection service. Service level adjustments may also lead to a reduction in disposal costs. Recycling Services may be reached at (831) 755-4505
Services Included in Rate (check with provider to confirm):
- New, color-coded carts or freshly painted and refurbished bins for garbage, recyclables and yard waste collection
- Cart Service: Your choice of (1) 64g or (1) 96g recyclables cart
- Bin Service: Up to one-half of the customer's subscribed garbage capacity in recyclables capacity
- One (1) free on-call collection (see service description below) per calendar year
- Holiday tree collection
- Personalized customer outreach including periodic waste assessments and distribution of educational materials to help customers to recycle more and save money
* Cart collection service rates are monthly, based on one (1) time per week colleciton.
* Bin Collection service rates are monthly, based on indicated collection frequency.
* Non-compacted and compacted box collection service rates are weekly, based on the indicated frequency.