HOW DO I?
5:30 PMBoot Camp
8:00 AMSan Lucas Community Clean Up
Statement From FDA Commissioner Scott Gottlieb On Researching Medical Uses Of Cannabis
DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA: Over the past decade, we’ve seen a growing interest in the development of therapies derived from marijuana and its components.
7/19/2018 3:53:00 PM
Cannabis Cultivation Will Be A Race To The Bottom
The current “green rush” has brought with it an intense focus on large-scale cannabis cultivation. Across the United States and around the globe, we routinely hear stories of companies building larger and larger cannabis farms.
7/19/2018 10:18:00 AM
Home Invasion Robbery at a Cannabis Grow Site
This morning at 4:26 there was a robbery and home invasion. The incident took place at one of the marijuana growers located on the 23000 block of Potter Road.
7/14/2018 12:21:00 PM
Special Events Waste Diversion for Monterey County
Each year, Monterey County hosts a number of events that draw large crowds from all over the world, including the world famous MotoGP and Sea Otter Classic. Recycling Services requires that all special events submit a diversion plan.
Recycling Services assists event organizers to develop and implement their diversion plans to ensure the proper disposal of waste and to maximize the recycling of materials used at these events. The team also collaborates with Monterey County Parks Department, the hauler, custodial services, event volunteers, event organizers, vendors, attendees, and other staff to identify ways to increase diversion at special events.
A large event is defined as:
- Serves an average of more than 2,000 individuals per day of operation, and
- Charges an admission price or is run by a local agency.
To find an upcoming special event, please visit Monterey County Parks Department Event Calendar:
(click on image to visit site)
Policies and Procedures
- AB 939- requires local jurisdictions to meet 50% waste diversion mandate
- AB 341- requires commercial businesses to implement recycling
- AB2176- (AB 2176, Montanez, Chapter 879, Statutes of 2004), the large venues and large events recycling law, requires large venue facilities and large events (as defined by Public Resources Code 42648 (b) and (c)) in each city and county to plan for solid waste reduction and upon request, report information regarding their waste reduction efforts to their local jurisdiction
- Special Events Recycling Manual (Coming Soon!)
- Sample Diversion Plan