HOW DO I?
1:00 PMCiclovia Gonzales
Big Safety Testing Failure Rate For California Pot Products – CBS San Francisco
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Nearly 20 percent of marijuana products in California have failed tests for potency and purity since the state started requiring the checks on July 1, a failure rate some in the industry say has more to do with unrealistic standards and technical glitches than protecting consumer safety.
9/14/2018 1:49:02 PM
Illegal Dumping - A Growing Problem We Can Solve
Illegal dumping costs California taxpayers millions of dollars every year . In Monterey County, cleaning up illegally dumped mattresses, televisions, and other household furniture and trash is not only expensive for local governments, it is expensive for private property owners who become victim to illegal dumping; rural land owners, particularly farmers and ranchers, share a high burden of these costs.
9/10/2018 11:25:00 AM
Working Together to Prevent Suicide
Approximately 70% of suicides are among working age adults. Working age adults are the sandwich generation. They are so busy taking care of children and often aging parents and relatives, that taking time for themselves is a luxury few feel they can afford. Concerns about finances, marital and family problems, and simple exhaustion can feel overwhelming.
ILLEGAL DUMPING IS EVERYONE’S PROBLEM
WHAT IS ILLEGAL DUMPING?
Illegal dumping is the disposal of solid waste (e.g. trash, rubbish, garbage) at a site other than a permitted disposal facility, such as a landfill or transfer station.
REPORT ILLEGAL DUMPING
You can help do your part to keep to your streets, neighborhood, and our environment clean and beautiful by reporting illegal dumping. Report Illegal Dumping Here.
DISPOSE & DIVERT WASTE
Learn how to properly dispose of materials. Learn About Proper Disposal Here
DONATE - REUSE- RECYCLE
Many items can be reused or recycled. Donations or recycling are great methods to make use of items that are still considered usable instead of tossing it into the garbage. Learn more Here!
Volunteering Opportunities &
Think locally and get involved!
Learn More About Available Clean-up Events and Opportunities and Hosting Your Own Clean-up Events by clicking here!
A HEALTH CONCERN FOR THE COMMUNITY
Littering and the illegal dumping of garbage, hazardous waste, and commonly used materials are a reoccurring problem that presents serious environmental and public health concerns for the residents of Monterey County, CA.
- It is not only an eyesore;
- It is a possible fire hazard, and
- May contain dangerous hazardous materials and chemicals;
- It is contaminating our environmental, our water sources, and our crops;
- It threatens human health and safety by attracting and harboring disease transmitting vectors (mosquitoes, rats, and flies);
- It negatively impacts growers and public agencies that work to clean these sites; and
- It is a huge cost to all the taxpayers, Monterey County, and our partners to investigate the dump site and mitigate clean-up.
PENALTIES FOR ILLEGAL DUMPING OFFENDERSIllegal Dumping is a serious offense and is in violation of California Law and the Monterey County Code.
- Penalties for first offenses range from $250 – $1000 per offense.
- Penalties for repeat offenders may result in further fines and/or enforcement actions.