HOW DO I?
7:00 AMBiometric Health Screening
Notice of Monterey/San Benito County’s Continuum of Care (CoC) Application Process for Homeless Emergency Aid Program (HEAP) 2019 Notification of Funding Availability (NOFA).
On behalf of the Leadership Council, the Coalition of Homeless Services Providers (CHSP) issued its Notice of Funding Availability (NOFA) for the Homeless Emergency Aid Program (HEAP) on February 8, 2019. Eligible activities include; expansion of homeless bed inventory through new emergency shelters, warming shelters, transitional, permanent or other homeless housing; operating and/or supportive services for new homeless beds; rental assistance, rapid rehousing, eviction prevention and/or move-in assistance; street outreach programs; health and safety education services; criminal justice diversion programs; housing navigation services; landlord mitigation programs; targeted case management and other related activities.
2/11/2019 9:28:16 AM
Find your forever valentine on Hitchcock Road
Both animal shelters on Hitchcock Road are hoping to make some lifelong love matches by reducing adoption fees over the Valentine’s Day week. Starting Tuesday, February 11th through Saturday February 16th, adoption fees at both Hitchcock Road Animal Shelters will be reduced by 50% in hopes of helping find that forever valentine. All animals adopted will be spayed or neutered, microchipped and vaccinated with dog licenses for appropriate jurisdictions. Potential adopters can view animals from 12-5pm, Tuesday through Saturday
Monterey County’s Water Resources Agency is looking for community members to serve on its Basin Management Advisory Committee
The Monterey County Water Resources Agency is seeking applications for three (3) vacant public member seats on the Basin Management Advisory Committee (BMAC).
2/6/2019 9:28:51 AM
Disposal Coupon Program
Coupon authorizes the free disposal of materials collected and delivered to the Monterey Peninsula Landfill (Marina), Johnson Canyon Landfill (Gonzales), Sun St. Transfer Station (Salinas), or Jolon Road Transfer Station (King City) during normal facility operating hours. The coupon is valid for one load only
For more information contact the Monterey County Health Department at (831)755-4505.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The rules and regulations below are excerpts from the Clean Up Coordinator packet for the Disposal Coupon Program.
- Coupons can only be used for the following purposes:
- Public area community clean up events organized by non-profit organizations
- Illegal dump sites in Monterey County
- Each coupon may only be used for one (1) pickup truck/car load or trailer.
- Coupons expire 15 days after date of issue.
- Coupon recipients are limited to a maximum of 2 coupons per clean up site/event.
- All coupon recipients must abide by any applicable flow control provisions of the respective solid waste Joint Power Agencies (JPA).
- All coupon recipients must not infringe upon the franchise rights of any solid waste hauler.
- Areas served by the “Adopt-A-Highway” or “Adopt-A-Road” are not eligible for disposal coupon(s).
- Recipients of disposal coupons must redeem coupon(s) at scale houses
- Recipients must adhere to covering/tarping requirements.
- Recipients must complete the back side of the disposal coupon form including:
- Signature of authorized representative accepting provisions of legal statement
- Printed name of individual or organization
- Address of individual or organization
- Contact name of individual or organization
- Phone number, including area code, of contact
- Identification information, either driver’s license or other government issued, of contact
- License plate number of vehicle used to transport waste to disposal site
- Recipient must surrender coupon to scale house attendant at time of redemption