HOW DO I?
5:30 PMBoot Camp
8:00 AMSan Lucas Community Clean Up
Home Invasion Robbery at a Cannabis Grow Site
This morning at 4:26 there was a robbery and home invasion. The incident took place at one of the marijuana growers located on the 23000 block of Potter Road.
7/14/2018 12:21:00 PM
California publishes first draft of permanent marijuana industry rules
The trio of state agencies that oversees California’s marijuana program on Friday published the long-awaited first draft of permanent rules for the state’s multibillion-dollar MJ industry.
7/13/2018 2:05:51 PM
Monterey County to draft rules on outdoor commercial marijuana grows
Salinas >> Monterey County will move forward with regulations for allowing limited outdoor commercial marijuana grows.
7/12/2018 8:36:28 AM
Sharps & Medication Disposal
If you generate sharps waste at home such as needles and syringes or have a collection of unused or expired medicines here is how you can dispose of these items safely.
Prepare sharps waste for safe storage, handling, and safe disposal.
- Obtain a sharps container from your local pharmacy or household hazardous waste (HHW) location.
- Discard all used or exposed needles, syringes, and lancets in the sharps container.
- When the sharps container is 2/3 full, dispose the container at an approved disposal location.
How to prepare unwanted medicines for disposal at Take-Back locations:
- Remove pills from original containers and place in a clear zipper bag. Keep liquids and creams in original containers.
- If using original containers, remove or black-out all personal information to protect identity.
- Then take your unused medications including liquids or creams to an approved disposal location!
For more information contact 755-4505
California Department of Public Health
National Pharmaceutical Take-Back Events by U.S. Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA)