HOW DO I?
7:00 AMBiometric Health Screening
In response to The Humane Farming Association’s press release dated December 4, 2018, where it is alleged that Monterey County Animal Services had “full knowledge of animal dumping on the Salinas River.”
Monterey County Animal Services acknowledges that in November of 2016, a call was received regarding “multiple bodies dumped” in the riverbed near the Elm Street bridge in Greenfield. An officer was dispatched to discuss the situation with the reporting party. The next day, a body was delivered to the Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Center for a necropsy. The necropsy, while suspicious, did not provide any definitive information to conclude it represented an animal cruelty case, or to lead to any suspects. Since that time, there have been zero reports or tips provided to this agency in regards to deceased animals, of any kind, being found at this location – or with regard to suspected animal cruelty at this location.
12/4/2018 5:13:00 PM
Thinking of Adopting a Pet?
Before you do, ask yourself the following questions to make sure you’re ready for the commitment.
- Are you able to have pets at your current residence?
- Does anyone in the family have allergies?
- Do your current pets, if any, get along with other animals
- What happened to the last pet you had?
- How long do you expect to keep this pet?
- If you had to move, what would you do with this pet?
- When you go on vacation, what will you do with this pet?
Interested in Adopting a Cat?
- Who will be responsible for caring for the cat, realistically
- Where will the cat stay during the day?
- When will the cat go outside?
- Where will the cat be at night?
- How will your keep the cat from scratching furniture?
- How will your other cats adjust to a new addition to the family?
Interested in adopting a Dog?
- Who will be responsible for caring for the dog, realistically?
- Where will the dog stay during the day? Is someone home during the day?
- Where will the dog sleep at night?
- Where will the dog be in bad weather?
- If the dog is not house broken how will you train it?
- Do you know how to crate train?
- Do you plan to obedience train this dog?
- If this dog develops behavior problems (chewing, etc.), what measures would you take?
- If this puppy gets larger than expected, what would you do?
- How will your other dogs adjust to a new addition to the family?
We have many outstanding animals available for adoption. If you are looking for a new friend, please come visit us!
Total Adoption Prices – these are regular fees; check to see if any specials apply this month at your local shelter.
Dogs - $ 145
Admin. Adoption Fee
1-Year License (if applicable)
Cats- $ 80
Admin. Adoption Fee
For more information on any of these topics, please contact Animal Services staff at 831-769-8850When You Want To Adopt