HOW DO I?
9:00 AMCiclovia Salinas
10:00 AMPrescription Drug Take Back Day
Las Palmas area bat tests positive for rabies virus
On October 15th, 2018, a bat found in the Las Palmas area of unincorporated Monterey County tested positive for the rabies virus. While there was exposure to an owned pet, Monterey County Animal Services investigated and determined that there was no human exposure in this case and is issuing this positive test information as a reminder to pet and livestock owners.
10/18/2018 1:30:00 PM
Kitten Season Special
Monterey County Animal Services is bursting at the seams with kittens and cats. To help find them forever homes adoption fees have been reduced to $50 which includes spay/neuter surgery, vaccinations and microchip) If you want two the deal is even better! Two cats for $80.
Next Meeting - TBA
The Monterey County Animal Control Program Advisory Board's next meeting scheduled for:
Meetings are held at the Monterey County Animal Services Shelter, 166 Hitchcock Road Salinas, CA 93901.
Our Current Board members
- Darla Barnes Smith
- Basil Smith
- David Alexander
- Tom Bailey
- Susan Salcedo
- Leslie McDaniel, M.D.
- Frank Kocher, D.V.M.
- Mike Richards
- Debra Long
- Chief County Heath Officer:
- Dr. Ed Moreno
- Ex Officio Members:
- Stephen Bernal
- Dean Flippo
- Eric Lauritzen
- Scott Delucchi
To view more information about the current members term limits & expiration dates, please click here
Board & Bylaws Information
Legislative Reference: Resolution No. 90-367, dated June 12, 1990; bylaws reorganized on April 30, 2002, Resolution No. 02-165.
Bylaws available for download: Here!
Membership:The Board consists of nine members. Each Supervisor appoints one member, and the Director of Health appoints four members. The membership should include representatives from the following professions:
- Veterinary profession
- Educational community
- Agricultural community
- Pet owner associations and clubs
- Kennel and pet shop operators and
- Concerned citizens
Ex-officio members shall include Representatives of:
- Chief Animal Control Officer
- District Attorney
- Agricultural Commissioner
- Monterey Superior Court
- SPCA of Monterey County
Terms: The terms of office of members are 3 years commencing on the first of July, with staggered terms, so that one-third of the members’ terms expire July 1 of each year.
Qualifications & Functions: The Advisory Board will review and analyze Title 8 of the Monterey County Code (Animal Control); review and evaluate the animal control program needs, services, facilities, and budget; advise and assist in public information and public relations activities of the County Animal Control Program; and report its findings and recommendations to the Board of Supervisors through the Director of Health.
Meeting Date, Time and Place: The Board shall establish a regular meeting date and time, which shall not be less than quarterly.
- Kennel Comparison Statistics Jan - July 2017 vs Jan- July 2018
- Kennel Comparison Statistics July 2017 vs July 2018
- Intake Outcome January 2017 vs January 2018
- Local Rabies Control Activities 2017 - MCAS
- Local Rabies Control Activities 2017 - Monterey County
- Local Rabies Control Activities 2016 - Monterey County
- Local Rabies Control Activities 2016 - MCAS
- Local Rabies Control Activities 2015 - Monterey County
- Local Rabies Control Activities 2015 - MCAS
- Local Rabies Control Activities 2014 - Monterey County
- Local Rabies Control Activities 2014 - Monterey County Jurisdiction only