HOW DO I?
7:00 AMBiometric Health Screening
In response to The Humane Farming Association’s press release dated December 4, 2018, where it is alleged that Monterey County Animal Services had “full knowledge of animal dumping on the Salinas River.”
Monterey County Animal Services acknowledges that in November of 2016, a call was received regarding “multiple bodies dumped” in the riverbed near the Elm Street bridge in Greenfield. An officer was dispatched to discuss the situation with the reporting party. The next day, a body was delivered to the Veterinary Emergency and Specialty Center for a necropsy. The necropsy, while suspicious, did not provide any definitive information to conclude it represented an animal cruelty case, or to lead to any suspects. Since that time, there have been zero reports or tips provided to this agency in regards to deceased animals, of any kind, being found at this location – or with regard to suspected animal cruelty at this location.
12/4/2018 5:13:00 PM
Effective July 14, 2015, Monterey County Code Ordinance 5249 requires permitting for Rooster Keeping Operations where 5 or more roosters are kept on any single property within the unincorporated areas of Monterey County.
The purpose of the Rooster Ordinance is to balance the legitimate interests of agricultural businesses and agricultural educational organizations with the prevention of rooster keeping that is unsanitary, environmentally damaging, inhumane, and conducive to illegal cockfighting.
- Rooster Keeping Operations Permit - $270.00 Each (2 hours, permit processing and inspection and document review)
- Re-inspection/Complaint Investigation - $135.00 hr/officer
- Rooster Keeping Operations Public Presentation
- Gallo Operaciones de Mantenimiento Presentación pública
- Rooster Ordinance Permit Process
- Rooster Ordinance Permit Exemption Process
- Rooster Ordinance Permit Flow Chart
- Gráfico Gallo Ordenanza Flujo Permiso
- Monterey County Code Ordinance 5249
- Public Information Meeting Presentation
- Rooster Ordinance FAQ's
- Gallo Ordenanza Preguntas Frecuetes
Applications and Forms
- Form 100 Rooster Keeping Permit Application (English) (Spanish)
- Form 110 Rooster Keeping Permit Student/FFA/4H Exemption Application (English) (Spanish)
- Form 120 Rooster Keeping Permit Exemption Application (English)(Spanish)
- Rooster Operation Site Map
- Sample Manure Management Plan
- Sample Pest Management Plan