- Do Teething Babies Need Medicine on Their Gums? No
Teething is a normal part of childhood and should not be treated with homeopathic remedies, like teething tablets, or prescription or over-the-counter (OTC) medications that are rubbed on the gum
08/29/2018 1:04 PMdetail
- Monterey County Launches 24/7 Complaint Hotline for Short Term Rentals
The Resource Management Agency of Monterey County announced that it has launched a 24/7 hotline to collect complaints related to public nuisances resulting from short term rental activity in the unincorporated areas of Monterey County.
- The Consolidated Oversight Board for the County of Monterey is holding its first meeting on August 21, 2018.
The Consolidated Oversight Board for the County of Monterey was established in accordance with the California Health and Safety Code § 34179(j) to oversee the activities of the ten redevelopment successor agencies in Monterey County, thereby replacing all other redevelopment successor agency oversight boards, effective July 1, 2018.
08/20/2018 2:10 PMdetail
- Marijuana operators could get streamlined county review
Monterey County >> Facing a new influx of commercial cannabis use permit applications by Wednesday’s deadline for those already operating under temporary state licenses on top of dozens more already in the queue, Monterey County officials are moving toward a streamlined permit process.
08/01/2018 8:57 AMdetail
- Monterey County to draft rules on outdoor commercial marijuana grows
Salinas >> Monterey County will move forward with regulations for allowing limited outdoor commercial marijuana grows.
07/12/2018 8:36 AMdetail
- Cannabis cops: ‘Major’ county enforcement operations under way, already need more funding
Monterey County >> A “major” cannabis enforcement effort targeting both the black market and legal market compliance is being led by multiple Monterey County departments in the unincorporated county, according to a top county official.
07/10/2018 1:29 PMdetail
- Monterey County supervisors to consider drafting outdoor pot grow rules
Monterey County >> After years of requests from marijuana growers in communities from Big Sur and Carmel Valley to southern Monterey County, the Board of Supervisors is poised Tuesday to consider moving forward with regulation to allow outdoor commercial cannabis cultivation.
07/10/2018 1:06 PMdetail
- America’s Teenagers Are Quickly Becoming the Next Generation of Smokers
Emerging tobacco products are threatening decades of progress in public health. At the forefront is a relatively new and non-traditional electronic cigarette (e-cigarette), JUUL, which has become increasingly popular among youth and young adults and has quickly become the top-selling e-cigarette on the market.
06/21/2018 12:47 PMdetail
- Monterey County Health Department receives National Accredtiation
Monterey County Health Department announced today that it has achieved national accreditation through the Public Health Accreditation Board (PHAB). Monterey County Health Department is now one of 226 state and local health departments that have achieved accreditation through the national effort that launched in 2011. Only 11 of these are located in California.
05/23/2018 4:06 PMdetail
- 7 things you should know to get ready to vote in 2018. Remember to vote on June 5, 2018. 7 cosas que debes saber para prepararte para votar en el 2018.Recuerda votar el 5 de junio de 2018.
05/16/2018 3:57 PMdetail
- Monterey County announces a settlement regarding Measure Z.
Monterey County has reached a settlement agreement with the plaintiffs who sued to halt the implementation of the initiative known as Measure Z.
05/15/2018 3:16 PMdetail
- Monterey County's new food inspection app
The Monterey County Health Department Environmental Health Bureau announces the release of a new phone application “MC Food Inspection Findings” available for public use. The new app assists the public in making informed decisions when seeking restaurants and food facilities that meet or exceed food safety standards.
- Approval received for Local Agency Management Program for Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems
The Monterey County Health Department, Environmental Health Bureau (EHB), has received approval of their Local Agency Management Program (LAMP) for Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems (OWTS, also called septic systems). The LAMP details new regulations and site evaluation requirements that will be applied to any OWTS (septic system) permit issued on or after May 11, 2018.
- Get ready to vote!
Verify your voter status, request a vote-by-mail ballot and view your voter guide at www.MontereyCountyElections.us.
05/10/2018 8:00 AMdetail
- Vote early at the New Elections office 1441 Schilling Place
05/10/2018 8:00 AMdetail
- Monterey County Supervisor Mary Adams will host a community meeting for residents about the Highway 1 Climbing Lane Project on May 8th.
05/03/2018 12:40 PMdetail
- Monterey County is joining the state and national fight against the opioid epidemic.
05/03/2018 12:38 PMdetail
- The Farmworker Housing Study and Action Plan for Salinas Valley and Pajaro Valley has been released.
05/03/2018 11:03 AMdetail
- A long awaited crosswalk project in Castroville will be completed this week and efforts will culminate with a ceremonial crossing at the corner of State Route 183 (Merritt Street) and Crane Street on Friday, May 4th at Noon.
05/02/2018 1:04 PMdetail
- Monterey County Added as Co-Plaintiff in Census Lawsuit
Monterey County has joined as a co-plaintiff a lawsuit to block the Trump Administration from demanding citizenship Info In 2020 Census.
05/02/2018 8:45 AMdetail