- Memorial Day Weekend Events
05/19/2017 1:35 PMdetail
- Annual Quarantine of Sport-Harvested Mussels Begins May 1
The quarantine begins May 1 and applies to all species of mussels that are recreationally harvested along the California coast, including all bays and estuaries. The quarantine is in place to protect the public against poisoning that can lead to serious illness, including coma and death.
- Consumers Warned Not to Use Certain Skin Creams Due to Possible Health Risk
The California Department of Public Health today warned consumers not to use certain skin creams that have tested positive for high levels of mercury. Mercury is a toxic chemical and regular or prolonged exposure can result in mercury poisoning.
- Monterey County Permit Center Introduces Line Management Technology
In a continuing effort to reduce wait times and improve the customer experience, the Resource Management Agency’s Permit Center has implemented a new line-management technology known as QLess. Using QLess, customers can schedule appointments or join a virtual queue from on-site kiosks, the RMA’s website, or from their mobile phones via text message or app.
04/11/2017 4:54 PMdetail
- South County Building Inspections
After many years of scheduling building inspections in Southern Monterey County on Fridays, we are increasing our days of service to accommodate requests from south county residents in both inland and coastal regions.
04/06/2017 8:44 AMdetail
- Economic Development Department (EDD) Moving to a New Location
03/31/2017 11:09 AMdetail
- Affected by storm-related damages?
For those who have been affected by storm-related damages, the Monterey County Office of Emergency Services has a Disaster Resource Directory available online with information ranging from managing debris removal to replacing documents.
02/21/2017 11:47 AMdetail
- County to consider amendments to Condition of Approval and Mitigation Monitoring and Reporting Program
02/03/2017 3:19 PMdetail
- CalWORKs Housing Support Program (HSP)
06/07/2016 1:58 PMdetail
- The Monterey County Free Libraries is extending the closure of the Big Sur Library due to deteriorating building conditions and planned structural repairs.
02/29/2016 4:53 PMdetail
- Presentations from the Sustainable Groundwater Management workshop are available for review on the Intergovernmental and Legislative Affairs webpage
01/25/2016 2:07 PMdetail
- Workshop on Sustainable Groundwater Management Act to be held January 21st
01/21/2016 1:41 PMdetail
- Volunteer Income Tax Assistance Program
01/11/2016 4:25 PMdetail
- The Monterey County Winter Warming Shelter will open on November 9th in Salinas.
01/11/2016 4:23 PMdetail
- All County Military and Veterans Affairs Offices will be closed October 12-16 for staff training.
10/12/2015 8:32 AMdetail
- The Seaside Library Branch of Monterey County Free Libraries will be closed through October for renovations.
10/02/2015 2:00 PMdetail
- September 22nd is National Voter Registration Day!
09/16/2015 1:23 PMdetail
- The Carmel Valley Branch of the Monterey County Free Libraries will be closed September 21st -28th for planned improvements
09/15/2015 1:24 PMdetail
- Residents are invited to a Rio Road Project Community Meeting on Monday, July 13th at Carmel City Hall.
07/09/2015 8:58 AMdetail
- The Monterey County Agricultural Commissioner has released the 2014 crop report.
07/08/2015 12:20 PMdetail