- 7 things you should know to get ready to vote in 2018. Remember to vote on June 5, 2018. 7 cosas que debes saber para prepararte para votar en el 2018.Recuerda votar el 5 de junio de 2018.
05/16/2018 3:57 PMdetail
- Monterey County announces a settlement regarding Measure Z.
Monterey County has reached a settlement agreement with the plaintiffs who sued to halt the implementation of the initiative known as Measure Z.
05/15/2018 3:16 PMdetail
- Monterey County's new food inspection app
The Monterey County Health Department Environmental Health Bureau announces the release of a new phone application “MC Food Inspection Findings” available for public use. The new app assists the public in making informed decisions when seeking restaurants and food facilities that meet or exceed food safety standards.
- Approval received for Local Agency Management Program for Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems
The Monterey County Health Department, Environmental Health Bureau (EHB), has received approval of their Local Agency Management Program (LAMP) for Onsite Wastewater Treatment Systems (OWTS, also called septic systems). The LAMP details new regulations and site evaluation requirements that will be applied to any OWTS (septic system) permit issued on or after May 11, 2018.
- Get ready to vote!
Verify your voter status, request a vote-by-mail ballot and view your voter guide at www.MontereyCountyElections.us.
05/10/2018 8:00 AMdetail
- Vote early at the New Elections office 1441 Schilling Place
05/10/2018 8:00 AMdetail
- 2017-2018 Investigation Statement by Michael Petrie, EMS Bureau Chief/EMS Director to the Monterey County Emergency Medical Care Committee
- Monterey County Supervisor Mary Adams will host a community meeting for residents about the Highway 1 Climbing Lane Project on May 8th.
05/03/2018 12:40 PMdetail
- Monterey County is joining the state and national fight against the opioid epidemic.
05/03/2018 12:38 PMdetail
- The Farmworker Housing Study and Action Plan for Salinas Valley and Pajaro Valley has been released.
05/03/2018 11:03 AMdetail
- A long awaited crosswalk project in Castroville will be completed this week and efforts will culminate with a ceremonial crossing at the corner of State Route 183 (Merritt Street) and Crane Street on Friday, May 4th at Noon.
05/02/2018 1:04 PMdetail
- Monterey County Added as Co-Plaintiff in Census Lawsuit
Monterey County has joined as a co-plaintiff a lawsuit to block the Trump Administration from demanding citizenship Info In 2020 Census.
05/02/2018 8:45 AMdetail
- Annual Quarantine of Sport-Harvested Mussels Begins May 1st
The California Department of Public Health (CDPH) has announced the annual quarantine of sport-harvested mussels gathered along the California coast. The quarantine begins May 1 and applies to all species of mussels that are recreationally harvested along the California coast, including all bays and estuaries. The quarantine is in place to protect the public against poisoning that can lead to serious illness, including coma and death.
- Monterey County Announces Temporary Closure of Red Barn Flea Market
Effective the morning of April 15, 2018, the Red Barn Flea Market will be closed pending a hearing on Monterey County’s application for an appointment of a receiver, a neutral third party, to operate the flea market and bring the property into compliance with state law and County code. A hearing on that application is scheduled for April 27, 2018 in Monterey County Superior Court.
04/11/2018 1:01 PMdetail
- FDA Orders Mandatory Recall for Kratom Products Due to Risk of Salmonella
U.S. Food and Drug Administration announced it has issued a mandatory recall order for all food products containing powdered kratom manufactured, processed, packed, or held by Triangle Pharmanaturals LLC, after several were found to contain salmonella. The agency took this action after the company failed to cooperate with the FDA’s request to conduct a voluntary recall. This is the first time the agency has issued a mandatory recall order to protect Americans from contaminated food products.
04/04/2018 10:29 AMdetail
- Monterey County Supervisors announce the selection of Henry Gonzales as Monterey County Agricultural Commissioner
The Monterey County Board of Supervisors announces the selection of Mr. Henry Gonzales as Monterey County Agricultural Commissioner.
03/13/2018 4:58 PMdetail
- The Monterey County One-Stop Career Center is offering paid work experience to local residents.
As part of the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA), the One-Stop Career Center in Monterey County is offering paid work experience to local Monterey County residents who are out of school, between the ages of 18-24.
03/13/2018 10:17 AMdetail
- County Supervisors to Hold Community Forums on Cannabis Tax Revenue
County Supervisors to Hold Community Forums on Cannabis Tax Revenue
03/07/2018 11:54 AMdetail
- Celebrating Monterey County Public Art Exhibit kick off 12/5
The new public art exhibit at the Monterey County Government Center Administration Building will have its kick off Tuesday, December 5th.
- Delay in Implementation of Monterey County Safe Parking Program
The Safe Parking Program planned to open on Friday, December 1st at 2616 First Avenue in Marina has been delayed. This delay will allow for more time to continue discussions with the surrounding community and work through contracting issues with the service provider.
11/30/2017 4:08 PMdetail